ESSEMBLE is a unique European training and development project promoted by four European film and Media schools: Universidade Lusófona, Film, Video and Multimedia department, Lisbon, Portugal; Sint-Lukas Brussels University College of Art and Design, Brussels, Belgium; Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design (MOME), Budapest, Hungary, and ifs international film school cologne, Germany.
ESSEMBLE intends to provide both film and animation students with basic and advance competences concerning new production and distribution techniques and strategies without, on one side, neglecting the essential role script development has for both forms of art, while on the other side, clearly focusing on the development of new concepts that mixes stereoscopic 3d images with live footage.
The main goal of the project is the co-development of four short-fiction films between the partner schools involved in the project based on one single original script – each school will interpret, according with its own training strategy and cultural background, one commonly developed script based on the theme: “Traces of immigration and nomadism in today’s Europe”.
The project is organized along a 4X4X4 structure. This means:
- 4 schools;
- 4 workshops;
- 4 short-fiction films;
- 4 live Workshops – Each workshop takes place in one different school:
- Story Development (Cologne, Germany);
- Script adaptation to visual concept, finding the right design and animation style (Budapest, Hungary);
- Digital Cinematography and Art Direction (Brussels, Belgium);
- Stereoscopic and Motion Capture for Visual Effects (Lisbon, Portugal);
- Plus one module online dedicated to Post-Production and Finishing.
- 4 films – Each film is produced by a team of 20 elements
In each school a group of 5 students from both film and animation will be involved and divided accordingly with their areas of expertise by all modules.