José Manuel de Figueiredo Gomes Pinto
José Gomes Pinto (1972) holds a PhD in Philosophy.
He teaches in the School of Architecture, Arts and Information Technologies at Lusófona University in Lisbon, Portugal, where he is the Vice-Dean.
He is also Invited Professor at Fine Arts Faculty, Lisbon University, Master in Communication Design and New Media. He taught also as a Guest Professor at Salamanca University, Spain, and Évora University, Portugal.
He is the head of a PhD Program in Philosophy and of a graduation in Media Art.
He was a visiting post-doctoral fellow at Humboldt University, Faculty of Philosophy, Medienwissenschaft Seminar, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Friedrich Kittler.
His main areas of interest are Aesthetics and Theory of Art, Media Art and Media Theory, Philosophy of Technology, Philosophy of Communication.
- 2002: Doutoramento. PhD. Filosofia, Especialidade Estética e Teoria das Artes.
- Universidade de Salamanca. Espanha
- 1997: Pós-graduação. Postgraduate Degree.
- Formação Educacional em Filosofia.
- 1995: Licenciatura. Licentiate Degree. Filosofia.
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa. Portugal.