ECFOLI – Eco for Life
ECFOLI is a Media Education and Information literacy project in the Mediterranean region. Youth and adults from Cyprus, Palestine, Marocco, Portugal and France will foster conflict resolution strategies through the lens of common cultural heritage.
ECFOLI is a Media Education and Information literacy project, developing between April 2015 and February 2017, which aims to empower youth in conflict local situations to be active citizens, responsible media consumers and media content creators in a participatory society. ECFOLI also aims to promote peace by implementing MIL through the lens of cultural heritage.
Other objectives of ECFOLI are: the creation of different and interacting media products which illustrate and bring alive common cultural heritages; the building of long-lasting friendship and true dialogue between communities; the fostering of conflict resolution strategies by taking ownership of their common culture heritage, brought alive in today’s digital world.
Team and partners:
- Katherine Kotsireas, Orestis Tringides, Nathalie Konyalian (Cyprus Community Media Centre)
- Bérangère Blondeau (Children & Youth Film Festival of Cyprus)
- Osman Elkovan (Cyprus International University)
- Divina Frau-Meigs (Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, France)
- Khadija Ramram (Citizenship Forum, Morocco)
- Bader Alhudhud (Partners for Sustainable Development, Palestine)
- Ana Cunha (Lusófona University, Portugal)
- Conceição Costa (Lusófona University, Portugal)
- José Rogado (Lusófona University, Portugal)
- Sara Henriques (Lusófona University, Portugal)
- Tiago Loureiro (Lusófona University, Portugal)
- Carla Sousa (Lusófona University)