Game-Based Learning for Deaf Students
The GBL4deaf research main goal is to assess the potential of digital games in teaching mathematics to deaf children, students of the 2nd and 3rd cycle of Basic Education.
The following specific objectives are:
- assess the efficacy of video games for learning mathematics in deaf children, through a comparative research design, using intrasubject comparisons (baseline and endline) and inter-subject comparisons (control group and experimental group)
- Longitudinally analyse the process of learning mathematics in deaf children
- to measure the engagement of videogames usage for learning; d) to develop a serious game in a user-centred approach
- To disseminate the results for all stakeholders involved in deaf children education: Policy makers, Eduactors, Families, Associations, media and general Public
- Maria da Conceição Gonçalves Costa
- Principal Investigator (PI)
- José Carlos Santos Neves
- Co- Principal Investigator (Co-PI)
This project was selected to be funded in the last FCT 2017 Call for SR&TD Project Grants.