José Gomes Pinto (Coordinator)
José Gomes Pinto holds a Ph.D in Philosophy: Aesthetics and Art Theory (Salamanca University, Faculty of Philosophy: Summa Cum Laude and Best Dissertation Award in 2002). He teaches in the School of Arts, Architecture, Arts and Information Technologies at Lusophona University, Lisbon and at Lusophona University of Oporto, Portugal. In 2016 is had accomplished his Habilitation in Communication Sciences at Minho University with a report on Media Theory (Approved by unanimity). He is Vice-Dean ECATI, ULHT since 2012. He is Invited Professor at Fine Arts Faculty, Lisbon University, Master in Communication Design and New Media, since 2012. He taught as a guest Professor at Salamanca University, Spain, and Évora University, Portugal. He is the Head of a PhD Program in ‘Media Art’. In 2007 he was a visiting post-doctoral fellow at Humboldt University, Faculty of Philosophy, Medienwissenschaft Seminar, under the supervision of Prof. Friedrich A. Kittler. He main areas of interest are Aesthetics and Art Theory, Media Art and Media Theory, Philosophy of Technology, Philosophy of Communication. He is also a Vice-President of the Portuguese National Association of Communication.
- 2016: Habilitação. Ciências da Comunicação. Universidade do Minho. Com relatório sobre Teoria dos Media (Aprovado por unanimidade).
- 2002: Doutoramento. PhD. Filosofia, Especialidade Estética e Teoria das Artes.
- Universidade de Salamanca. Espanha
- 1997: Pós-graduação. Postgraduate Degree.
- Formação Educacional em Filosofia.
- 1995: Licenciatura. Licentiate Degree. Filosofia.
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa. Portugal.