Is a Professor at the Lusófona University of Humanities and Technology (ULHT/ECATI) and at the Theatre and Cinema School (ESTC-IPL). He is a member of the ECREA – European Communication Research and Education Association.
He is a PhD doctorate in Communication Sciences at ULHT/CICANT, where he investigates the post-media visuality in the work and thought of the german filmmaker Harun Farocki.
He is co-editor with Jose Gomes Pinto of the book “Art and Photography in Media Environments” (ECREA/ULHT, 2016) and guest lecturer at the Post-Screen: International Festival of Art, New Media and Cybercultures 2016 (CIEBA/FBAUL).
In 2015 he was Research Fellow at the Vilém Flusser Archiv (Berlin)
In 2014 he was Scientific Advisor for the Strategic Plan 2015-2020 of Artemrede. And co-organizer of the Cycle of Conferences ‘Culture, Public Space and Development: What options for a transformative cultural policy’ and author of the respective publication, promoted by CIMAC – Intermunicipal Community of Central Alentejo.
Has been publishing several scientific articles, such as:
- What options for a transformative cultural policy?, 2014. (Que opções para uma política cultural transformadora?)
- The Speculative Image, 2015 (A Imagem Especulativa)
- Neuropower or the cybernetic game between control and insubmission, 2016. (Neuropoder ou o jogo cibernético entre o controlo e a insubmissão)
- The synthetic perception and the industrialization of the non-gaze in Harun Farocki, 2016. (A perceção sintética e a industrialização do não-olhar em Harun Farocki)
- The Computation of the (In)Visible- Image, Ideology and Neocibernetics, 2017. (A Computação do (In)Visível – Imagem, Ideologia e Neocibernética)
- Cultural activism and social transformation: cases and strategies of urban policies and practices, 2017. (Activismo cultural e transformação social: casos e estratégias de práticas e políticas urbanas.)
- 2008: Mestrado. Master’s Degree.Master degree in Cultural Pratices for Municipalities.
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa. Portugal.