FilmEU Assistant Professor - Ref. 20230516/001
Department: FilmEU - The European Universities Alliance for Film and Media Arts
Researcher Profile: Recognised Researcher (R2)
Application Deadline: 2 Jul 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Lisbon)
Type of Contract: Permanent
Job Status: Full-time
Hours Per Week: 35
Offer Starting Date: 1 Sep 2023
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?: Not funded by an EU programme
Reference Number: 20230516/001
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?: No
FilmEU (The European Universities Alliance for Film and Media Arts), is seeking a full time Ph.D. Assistant Professor and researcher, under the terms of the applicable legislation, with an Open-Ended Employment Contract. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in an international environment with valuable teaching and research experience.
The applicant needs to have a track record in one of the following areas of research:
- Data visualisation
- Digital humanities
- Lifelong learning
- Media Archaeology
The work to be carried out will be:
- To design and lecture specialised classes;
- To participate in academic activities at all University levels;
- To participate in professional and community activities;
- To provide academic and career advising to students;
- To develop advanced and international research, within the scope of Lifelong learning; Digital humanities; Data visualisation; Media archaeology;
- To contribute to the promotion of the internationalisation of FilmEU;
- To lead and cooperate in application processes for competitive international funding;
- To collaborate in training activities in scientific research included in the scientific strategy of FilmEU.
- The gross base monthly salary depending on qualifications and work experience will range from €43,400 up to a maximum of €75,600 annual gross for a full-time position.
- The position of the Ph.D. assistant professor/researcher is made effective using an open-ended employment contract, under the Portuguese Labour Law;
- The tasks to be carried out in the fulfilment of this position are those considered in the scope of the FilmEU;
- The contract to be made is scheduled to begin on September, 1st 2023;
- The tasks comprehended in the object of the employment contract take place in such places deemed necessary to implement the assigned activities;
- This contract is granted for an indefinite period, being subject to a trial period of 5 years. The fulfilment of the objectives established in the work plan (teaching and scientific research) is mandatory and verified annually.
Education Level: PhD or equivalent
The ideal candidate should have the following academic profile:
a) To be, at the deadline for submitting applications, the holder of a valid Doctoral degree, for more than 5 years in one of the disciplinary areas for which the competition is opened, or in a related field which, when combined with the scientific background, demonstrates the ability to work with centrality in one or more of the disciplinary areas for which the competition is opened;
b) Oral and written proficiency in English (B2);
c) Have participated in national and/or international R&D activities related to the mentioned areas;
d) Have authored relevant published work in international peer-reviewed journals (high-ranked magazines and journals indexed to SciMago);
e) Have previous lecturing experience and/or in the coordination of research projects in AI, Lifelong learning, Digital humanities, Data visualisation or Media archaeology fields;
f) Preferably, have previous experience in the coordination of researching projects in the proposal topics.
Years of Research Experience: 4 - 10